Can my COBRA coverage be activated if I have not submitted my enrollment form?

No.  Your initial COBRA enrollment cannot be honored without your written approval.  This is for your protection.

Can I use the money in my HRA to pay for my children’s medical expenses, co-pays, and deductibles?

Yes. The money in your HRA can be used to pay for eligible medical expenses of any family member who qualifies as a dependent on your tax return, provided the dependent is covered by your HRA.

Does the money I have in my HRA roll over from year to year or do I lose the money at the end of the year?

Whether or not your money rolls over to the next plan year is up to your employer. Contact your human resources department for specific information about your plan design.

What happens to the money in my HRA if I leave my job or retire?

Whether or not you can continue to use your HRA funds for qualified expenses after you leave your employer or retire is up to the employer. Contact your benefits department for specific information about your plan design.

What’s the maximum reimbursement amount from my HRA?

Your HRA benefit amount is determined by your employer. Most plans will reimburse eligible expenses up to the full available balance in your HRA. If your plan is based on an accrual, you'll only be reimbursed the amount that you've earned in the plan. Contact your benefits department for specific information about your plan design.

How much can be contributed to my HRA?

The amount contributed to your HRA is up to your employer. Contact your benefits department for specific information about your plan design.

Are my HRA funds available to me any time?

Many HRA plans provide an annual benefit that is available to you in full at the beginning of the plan year. In other plans, benefits accrue from month to month. For example, your plan may provide $1,200 for the entire plan year accrued at $100 each month. You may only be reimbursed up to the maximum amount you’ve accrued at the time of the claim and reimbursed for the balance of your claim once you've accrued more funds. Contact your benefits department for information about your specific HRA fund availability.

What is an eligible health care expense?

Eligible expenses under an HRA plan are determined by your employer. Contact your human resources department for information about your HRA plan design and eligible expenses. Generally, the following expenses are eligible under an HRA plan:

Eligible expenses must be incurred by the employee and/or eligible members of the employee’s family, and take place within the benefit plan year.

Does the money in my HRA earn interest?

No. The accounts aren’t individually owned bank accounts that are eligible to earn interest.

Who can put money in my HRA?

HRAs are fully owned and funded by the employer.

Who owns the HRA?

Your employer.

Do I have to have health insurance to have a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA)?

HRAs are usually provided by employers to complement a higher-deductible health plan (HDHP), but can be paired with any type of health plan or offered alone. Once you have used your HRA funds, you pay all new and remaining expenses out of pocket. 

What is an HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement)?

A health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) is an employer-funded spending account that can be used to pay qualified medical expenses. The HRA is 100% funded by your employer. The terms of these arrangements can provide first dollar medical coverage until the funds are exhausted or insurance coverage kicks in. The contribution amount per employee is set by the employer, and the employer determines what the funds can be used to cover and if the dollars can be rolled over to the next year. In most cases, if the employee leaves the employer, they can't take remaining HRA funds with them. Typically, your employer provides a high-deductible health plan and establishes an HRA in your name to help pay for your eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses. You may not contribute to the funding of your HRA. If you use all of your funds and incur additional medical expenses that are your responsibility, you'll be required to pay for these additional expenses out of your own pocket. An HRA is another type of health account that provides an incentive for consumers to become actively involved in your health care spending.

How do I confirm you received my COBRA enrollment or COBRA payment?

Please allow 24 hours for routing of your paperwork to the correct department. If you wish to confirm receipt of a document or a payment please contact us by phone (1-877-747-4141) or email (cobra@csllc.com).

How do I stop my COBRA auto-pay?

If you are enrolled in the Continuon Services Auto-Pay you will need to provide us with a written request to stop your auto-pay at least five business days before the first of the month. Failure to notify us in a timely manner will result in an 8 – 10 week waiting period for a refund.

How do I terminate my COBRA coverage?

If you are enrolled in the Continuon Services Auto-Pay you will need to provide us with a written request to stop your auto-pay and terminate your coverage at least five business days before the first of the month. If you are not enrolled in auto-pay, simply stop making payments to Continuon Services and we will terminate you naturally.

Can I turn in my COBRA enrollment form without payment?

We need both your COBRA summary and election form and your initial payment in order to complete your enrollment. If one of those items are missing your enrollment will be pended until the item is received.

Will I get new cards once I elect COBRA?

In most cases, no, you will not get new cards. Please retain your current cards, they will be reactivated once your reinstatement is complete.

How long until my coverage is active again?

It takes 7 to 10 business days to reactivate your coverage. If you have any expenses during this reinstatement period please hold on to all payment records and receipts so that you can make a claim for reimbursement directly to your carrier.

What is your fax number for COBRA?


Where do I send my COBRA payment?

ATTN:COBRA Department 1350 Spring Street Suite 475 Atlanta, GA 30309

How do I pay for COBRA?

You can pay for cobra by three ways. Over the Phone, Online, or by mail. If you wish to mail: please submit  check or money order to Cobra Department at Continuon Services, LLC at 1350 Spring Street Suite 475, Atlanta GA 30309. If you wish to pay online you can do it in either two ways by credit card or by bank draft. If you choose to do so,  please go to The Cobra Page and select Make a COBRA Payment on the right.

How long do I have to pay for COBRA?

During your initial election period you have 45 days to make your first payment. On an ongoing monthly basis your payment is due at the first of the month for the month that you are paying for, with a grace period of 30 days.

How long do I have to elect COBRA?

Qualified beneficiaries must be given an election period during which each qualified beneficiary may choose whether to elect COBRA coverage. Each qualified beneficiary may independently elect COBRA coverage. A covered employee or the covered employee's spouse may elect COBRA coverage on behalf of all other qualified beneficiaries. A parent or legal guardian may elect on behalf of a minor child. Qualified beneficiaries must be given at least 60 days for the election. This period is measured from the later of the coverage loss date or the date the COBRA election notice is provided by the employer or plan administrator.

What kind of proof do I need to submit with my claim?

When submitting a claim always include an itemized receipt, IRS guidelines require us to only approve eligible expenses so therefore we must deny any claims that don’t explain what the payment was. If you just submit a credit card receipt we will have to deny your claim as it may be for an ineligible expense.

When trying to create an online FSA account the website won’t recognize my employee ID?

When creating an online account your employee ID is always going to be your Social Security number with no spaces or dashes. Even if you have a company issued employee ID it is still going to be your social security number.